Randall P. Bezanson, dean of the W&L School of Law from 1988 to 1994, died on January 25. He was 67. Randy’s many accomplishments in those six transformative years included his planning and building the Powell Wing addition to the law school. This undertaking hinged on convincing Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr., graduate of the college in 1929 and of the law school in 1931, to donate his personal and professional papers to the School of Law. Randy’s considerable powers of persuasion prevailed, and Powell announced the gift in December 1989. In April 1992, the Powell Archives was dedicated and began welcoming researchers. The archives’ almost 22 years of service to the scholarly community is an important part of Randy’s legacy.